Okay, I know you have all been waiting patiently for this post.... SO HERE GOES NOTHIN'! Most of you will probably think this is a *LOT* of pictures, but this is just a tid-bit of what I actually took on our trip. Hopefully these images will give you a good idea of what this beautiful island has to offer! ENJOY and ALOHA~ Jenn
These are the taro fields, where they grow the "taro" plant, a.k.a. the Hawaiian Potato. It grows in ponds of water....it is was they use to make poi.
Alright, these are in such a random order, but next we have our surfer boys! We went up to the North Shore so the guys could catch some waves.....or something like that.Joey...

Dave...

Shon & Joey...

Joey.....(and he was't standing there for much longer!)

Dave....(engulfed in the wave!)

So, by now, you may have noticed the adorable piece that my husband is sporting! It is a great tank top of MINE! A women's size small tank from Old Navy to be exact! The surf boards had rubbed their stomachs and chests raw, so Joey litterally took the shirt off of my back. Apparently it helped, but I am sure the locals got a good laugh~
(every time he'd get hit with a wave his (MY) shirt would ride up under his armpits! Hahaha!

Here are a couple of my favorite wipe-outs...


Rock on wit-yo-bad-self there Shonward.

My hunk-o-burnin' love! Joey, I love you, but surfing just wasn't your thing! :)


Thank you to Emily's friend for her review of the famous Hawaiian Puka-Dog! We were able to eat lunch down in Poipu one afternoon, and boy were they YUMMY!

This is just a shot I grabbed while we were driving down the road.

North Shore on Kauai

We attended a luau show one evening... don't we all look so festive?!

Here is the waterfall that we hiked 4 miles in to get to. It was absolutely beautiful.

Joey & Shon


The whole goofy group lost in the bamboo
The following few shots are just some of the things that we saw as we hiked 8 miles through the jungle and along the stunning NaPali coast line...



We also ran in to this crazy nut! I guess you had to be there, but seriously, this dude was a little wacko-jacko~ He had been hiking the 22 mile hike for over 30 hours THROUGH THE NIGHT... with all of this gear. Nuts. And on drugs.

Some more pics of the amazing views and plant life...


Me & Joey.... ahhhhh, for cuuute!


Now for some pictures from our helicoptor tour of the island. WOW! Now THAT was the way to go! Thanks to my Ash for letting me borrow the zoom! It was awesome! The following images were taken from the air~
The following few shots are just some of the things that we saw as we hiked 8 miles through the jungle and along the stunning NaPali coast line...


We also ran in to this crazy nut! I guess you had to be there, but seriously, this dude was a little wacko-jacko~ He had been hiking the 22 mile hike for over 30 hours THROUGH THE NIGHT... with all of this gear. Nuts. And on drugs.
Some more pics of the amazing views and plant life...


Me & Joey.... ahhhhh, for cuuute!



Now for some pictures from our helicoptor tour of the island. WOW! Now THAT was the way to go! Thanks to my Ash for letting me borrow the zoom! It was awesome! The following images were taken from the air~
For those fans of the old TV series Fantasy Island.....this is waterfall~
This is the Eco-Star that we flew in....Andy was our pilot, he rocked. We booked with Blue-Hawaiian. Here is my advertisement for them! Definitely worth the $.


Again, more pictures from the air...



This is the NaPali Coast line...

Sorry, I just couldn't resist capturing this amazing blue water while we were flying!

Yes, I know, I should sell postcards...... ;)




The first few mornings we would sleep in until 6am....yes, I said sleep in! That was really like 9 am our time, so we were able to walk out and see the sun rise... what a great expierence!
This is the Eco-Star that we flew in....Andy was our pilot, he rocked. We booked with Blue-Hawaiian. Here is my advertisement for them! Definitely worth the $.

Again, more pictures from the air...



This is the NaPali Coast line...

Sorry, I just couldn't resist capturing this amazing blue water while we were flying!
Yes, I know, I should sell postcards...... ;)




The first few mornings we would sleep in until 6am....yes, I said sleep in! That was really like 9 am our time, so we were able to walk out and see the sun rise... what a great expierence!
This is a coconut....for those of you wondering. It was lonesome and just called out for me to take a picture of it.



Well, I have lots more that I could share, but I would have to blog for the rest of my life in order to get them all posted~ so hopefully these have tied you over! Kauai was beautiful and I would definitely suggest this place for a great getaway...............



Well, I have lots more that I could share, but I would have to blog for the rest of my life in order to get them all posted~ so hopefully these have tied you over! Kauai was beautiful and I would definitely suggest this place for a great getaway...............
Mahalo for checking out our blog, and Aloha!
Jenn




1 comments:
Your pics are wonderful! So glad that you had a good time. I especially love the ones of Joey! See you Wednesday night.
Post a Comment